Below is a standard list of documents that are necessary to begin the qualifying process. Since every situation is unique, please know that it is not unusual for your mortgage professional to ask for additional documentation.
- Copy of signed sales contract including all riders.
- Verification of the deposit you placed on the home.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all realtors, builders, insurance agents and attorneys involved.
- Copy of Listing Sheet and legal description, if available (If the property is a condominium, please provide condominium declaration, by-laws and most recent budget.)
- Copies of your pay-stubs for the most recent 30-day period including year-to-date information.
- Copies of your W-2 forms for the past two years.
- Names and addresses of all employers for the last two years.
- Letter explaining any gaps in employment in the past 2 years.
- Work visa or green card (copy front & back), if applicable.
- Provide full tax returns for the last two years PLUS year-to-date Profit and Loss statement (Please provide complete tax return along with schedules and statements. If you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension.)
- K-1's for all partnerships and S-Corporations for the last two years (Please double-check your return. Most K-1's are not attached to the 1040.)
- Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns (1120) including all schedules, statements and addenda for the last two years. (Required only if your ownership position is 25% or greater.)
If you will use Alimony or Child Support to qualify:
- Provide divorce decree/court order stating amount, as well as, proof of receipt of funds for last year.
If you receive Social Security income, Disability or VA benefits:
- Provide award letter from agency or organization.
Source of Funds and Down Payment:
- Sale of your existing home - provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence and statement or listing agreement if unsold (At closing, you must also provide a settlement/closing disclosure.)
- Savings, checking or money market funds - provide copies of bank statements for the last 3 months.
- Stocks and bonds - provide copies of your statement from your broker or copies of certificates.
- Gifts - If part of your cash to close, a Gift Affidavit and proof of receipt of funds will be necessary.
- Based on the information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation.
Debt or Obligation:
- Prepare a list of all names, addresses, account numbers, balances, and monthly payments for all current debts with copies of the last three monthly statements.
- Include all names, addresses, account numbers, balances, and monthly payments for mortgage holders and/or landlords for the last two years.
- If you are paying alimony or child support, include marital settlement/court order stating the terms of the obligation.